Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Easy Tortellini Soup

I was walking the food section at Costco and picked up a double package of fresh 4 cheese tortellini. I had no idea what I was going to make, but tortellini sounded great. When I got home I found this great and easy recipe for tortellini soup on the food network. I made this to go along with the panini I made. 

Tortellini Spinach Tomato Soup:

1 tbsp. olive oil
1/2 c. diced onion
2 garlic cloves, minced
4-6 c. chicken broth (or vegetable broth)
1 (14-oz.) can of diced tomatoes
1 (9-oz.) package fresh tortellini 
1 bunch of fresh spinach chopped
some salt and pepper to taste
grated parmesan cheese

In soup pot, heat the olive oil on medium-high heat. Sautee the onion and garlic until the onion is translucent (about 5-7 minutes) stirring often. Add the tomatoes and chicken broth, turn up heat to high and bring to a boil. Add the tortellini and cook according to package instructions. When the tortellini is almost done, add the chopped spinach. Taste and add the salt and pepper to your taste. Serve with a sprinkle of parmesan cheese.



No comments: